"Can't Leave Rap Alone" (A Wife's Perspective)

by Eric on September 26, 2007

Editor’s Note: Sorry for all the dramatics….it was the least of my intentions

Hello all! Let me begin by saying my name is Tara, or better known as the wifey of Eric, creator of WTR. The whole blogging world is completely foreign territory, so you’ll have to bear with me while I try to get my point across… First off, good news, Eric is not going to shut down his blog! On second thought, good news for you guys, maybe not so much for me, but oh well! From the very beginning, I’ve always known music was a huge part of who Eric is. Even back in the day when we were dating, forget trying to impress me with these thought provoking conversations, if his favorite song was on, he thought nothing of cranking up the volume mid conversation and rocking away. Every momentous occasion we’ve shared has pretty much been trademarked by a specific song, album, etc. A horrible song will put him in a bad mood in a hurry, and a great song will make him smile faster than anything else. Eric is the type of person who wants to be number one in every arena. This weekend, we attended a business trip for his company, and I think it rekindled the drive he’s been missing in his work, so he decided the responsible thing to do was shut down his blog, and devote more time to work and his family. Like he said, my response was “I’ll believe it when I see it.” Even when I did see it, I still couldn’t believe it, considering all the bitching I’ve done about the time he spends on here, and the hours upon hours of late night posts, to give it all up in one day, was in my words “lame”. So, with very little prodding :) he agreed to get his priorities straight, but make sure they still include his blog. I can’t say I won’t bitch, it’s part of my job requirement as a wife, but even I can very begrudgingly admit that he’s put waaaay to much time and effort into this to give it all up. I only get to see the great husband, father, and friend that he is, but for the rest of you bloggers, I hope you continue to enjoy him for the music fanatic that he is. Take care and enjoy!

What It Is September 26, 2007 at 2:20 am

Well this works out for me 2 ways. I can show this post to my wife and show what a good partner sacrifices for thae bad ass muther fucker she’s lucky enough to be married to. Also, I read the quitting post at the same time I read this one so there’s no stress and anguish and general shittyness with woorrying about not reading anymore. By read I mean leech. What? I have more time? Wonderful. I’d like to share a story…
Anyway. Glad to have you back homie.

turtle September 26, 2007 at 3:48 am

Yes!!! I was worried the internet was going to get a little smaller. I guess it is not, at least for now.

Big Fonz September 26, 2007 at 4:16 am

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh Booooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (c) Flava Flav.

Olskool4real September 26, 2007 at 4:44 am

Well well well!!I’m jealous or better wording might be that I envy you Eric. That is love at it’s finest. Now that’s what I call a wife.Damn!!!Support is a wonderful thing especially in marriage. I am happy for you too continue expressing your passion for music in your writing and having the willingness to share it with the world. No we can remininsce some more!!!

Anonymous September 26, 2007 at 7:23 am

Hugo the Dude September 26, 2007 at 7:32 am

It’s all good then, I guess!

Tim September 26, 2007 at 7:58 am

Great news. Thanks Tara :D

g. September 26, 2007 at 10:03 am

sweet! you’re a lucky man, eric.

Anonymous September 26, 2007 at 12:34 pm

I can say I have enjoyed your blog for the past year, anonymously. All the posts almost echo a lot of my feelings about music. Being an 80′s teen/young adult was awesome. I have seen and heard some of the best hip hop. But I like that E is still on his game presenting new stuff to us with wit and a general sense of great music. But beyond all that this is the best post yet. Thanks Eric’s wifey, don’t know what I’d do without my WTR

Dart Adams September 26, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Holy shit!
I’ll just leave it at that.

Ragz September 26, 2007 at 8:26 pm

super ugly September 26, 2007 at 10:00 pm

its good to see the Pants wearer step up and set you straight… I got one of those “cool” wives and its so much better then having some drama queen in your life… welcome back, now I dont feel like “unified” killed your love for quality hip hop..
UG boots

Obi-wan Cenody September 26, 2007 at 11:00 pm

Hey, good news. I can only hope to find a wife as understanding as that someday.

Roderick September 27, 2007 at 2:42 am

Thanks, Tara! (though he would’ve eventually came back anyway, especially after receiving thousands of “please come back” emails)

Just-Ice September 29, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Wow, that’s a good mate ya go there, E. And glad to see you’re not going nowhere just yet. Ya know, it’s through your suggestion I started to talk a bit more at my own place (only within album reviews, but it’s a start for a man of little patience and time to boot). Should you ever truly close up shop, there’s always a spot for you with us as a contributing writer or what the hell have you.

Anonymous September 29, 2007 at 9:47 pm

nice! ummm…welcome back (not like u went far).

alley al September 30, 2007 at 1:18 pm

haha you’re friggin’ awesome, tara!!

yo, e.. you should ask her to guest post once in a while to hold you down on those super-crazy days..

sorry, i’m not a frequent visitor, but when i slide thru i’m thoroughly full. good to know you’re staying around for a minute.

Chris September 30, 2007 at 10:18 pm

damn, thank god that you got a wife, been some days now since i last visited this spot, i was really shocked to see you stopin, glad to see you won’t, one of my favourite blogs even with that pink background ;) haha keep doing your thing…

empee October 18, 2007 at 1:37 am

i can dig it. good woman!!

Anonymous October 20, 2007 at 5:10 am