“Just How Dope Is Blu?”

by Eric on January 31, 2008

“Lifted EP” (2006)-Blu

Man, I don’t know how I missed out on this one! Even though this EP, released in 2006 contains three…well, actually four cuts (the version of “Soul Provider” on this EP differs from the original) that made it to Blu & Exile’s “Below The Heavens”, the EP’s opener “Just Another Day” is worth the download alone.  Freaking the hook to Queen Latifah’s classic, “Just Another Day” (from her Black Reign album), “Just..” is a track that didn’t make the cut, but it is classic Blu & Exile.  Dope production, dope lyrics, can’t seem to figure out why this one didn’t cut the cake.  Whatever, the case I’m glad to bring you this EP that served as a teaser for the now…..yep, Classic debut from “the new Pete & CL”.  Also, peep the video for “Just Another Day” below and peep B-L-U’s new ‘do.  Dude looks look another person with the fro’ gone.

Blu – just another day

Add to My Profile | More Videos

a-one January 31, 2008 at 5:31 am

You know… I remember seeing this on some random blog around the same time you started talking about that Johnson & Jonson but the write up that went along with it made it sound like it was something real old & not on par with his current material so I skipped it. Then I saw that “Just Another Day” video earlier today & I flipped!

AaronM January 31, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Props for this, guys. Diggin the new design too, looks great.

Big Fonz February 1, 2008 at 8:05 am
Intriago February 1, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Good shit, but the download link is down.

CL February 2, 2008 at 12:13 am

You may not gonna believe this but I was thinking of requesting this just a couple days ago. This is a major drop.

I’ll just add that there is no song on BTH called “Soul Provider.” However, a verse on it is identical to one on “Soul Amazin.” Other than that it’d a different song.

Anybody else thinking the C.R.A.C. Knuckles stuff sounds bad? Listen, I’m a major fan of Blu (BTH has to be a top 10 hip hop album of ALL time), but that stuff just ain’t cutting it: the other MCs aren’t on Blu’s level, the beats are mediocre and don’t suit the style of Blu at his best. So come on Blu, just cause they’re your friends doesn’t mean you have to make a record with them.

Anyway, thanks for this.

CL February 2, 2008 at 12:37 am

One more thing:

How can Blu NOT be signed to a major label?

maurice February 2, 2008 at 11:18 am

Actually, the just Another Day video was made a year ago….which explains alot. He didn’t cut off his fro, and the EP came out last year.

linkel February 2, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Uhhhhhh….yeah, “released in 2006″….”dude looks like another person with the fro’ gone”…….hmmmmmm, but thanks for the help

purple_crayons February 3, 2008 at 11:20 am

the new pete rock and cl smooth, huh? interesting comparison…
i actually think blue is nicer than cl, but call it blasphemous and i’ll understand. thanks for this. i saw the video for “another day” and had to grab it. word.

Jos-B February 3, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Speaking of Johnson&Jonson, is that Powders&Oils album out or not? Haven’t heard much about it…

pam November 9, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Blu is not signed to a recond label cos he doesn’t want to. unlike drake or jcole he doesn’t wanna sell himself to the industry & instead make it on his own. Blu had the same opportunity as jcole had (which i must say jcole is niice) and sign with rock nation but turn it down & i have much respect to him for that.