Two of my favorite people in hip hop, Bat and Dillon bless us with their own top five list, songs dealing with food. Those not on the know, Dillon is like on some five star chef type of thing, hence the food references that seem to go down with his music and Batsauce….well, I’m not sure what is all in a bat sauce, but I think I’ll pass. At least he makes good beats!
Dillon & Batsauce’s Favorite Rap songs dealing with food (kinda .. .)
(Written by Dillon as Bat is currently in a food coma)
1) Camp Lo – Luchini - I don’t know if Luchini is food, or drink, or what the fuck it is to be honest, but this joint is my one of all-time favs (still dont really know why – I know every lyric and have no clue what any of it means). And I guess it kinda sounds like Linguini? Porcini (Mushrooms)? Chimichanga?
2) Biz Markie – Pickin Boogers - Who eats their boogers?! I’m not saying I do, but if you do – then you can feel the Biz on this joint – it very well may be on some food shit for ya. Word is not bond on that, fam. Handle that.
3) Main Source feat. Nasty Nas, Fatal, Akineyle – Live at The BBQ - When young Nas says, “Poetry attacks, paragraphs punch hard /My brain is insane, I’m out to lunch God “
I don’t think I’m the only one who wondered – “Where ya going to lunch, Nas? Can we link up? Wanna get some dumplings or some shit? Or kidnap the president’s wife without a plan?”
4) Snoop Doggy Dogg – Gin N Juice – Yah! Gotta love a drink that gets you fucked up, and boosts your immune system at the same time. This shit is damn near 2 food groups! I’m a young cat, and this was my shit in 5th grade – classic material from the Dogg Father!
5) The Pharcyde – Otha Fish – okay, so technically The Pharcyde were talking about a different kind of fish (probably), but I’ll be damned if fish – (when it is fresh and wild-caught) isn’t the mega brain food, so these cats were definitely on to something!
**Runner-up – Chef Raekwon – Ice Cream (I’m lactose intolerant – so I fronted)
New music from Dillon coming soon - “Studies in Hunger” produced by Therapy / P.Locke – and Bat and I are currently working on our record together here in Berlin – so be on the lookout – holla back fam