DON’T SLEEP: Blu “jesus∆” [NEW ALBUM]

by Staff on May 18, 2011

Imagine that folks are sitting around hoping and waiting for Blu to finally release his official Warner Bros debut album for what seems like years. Instead he produces an entire album for his boy Sene, guest appears on various other projects, drops an album he once dropped for free and originally claimed would never be released in proper physical form and he drops an album via Bandcamp on one of the busiest album release days in recent Hip Hop history (for the slow May 17th was an absolute zoo. I’ll run down all of today’s releases at some point today).

Blu’s LP “je s u s ▲” came out of absolutely nowhere but it boasts production from Blu himself (credited as God Lee Barnes), The Alchemist, Madlib, 9th Wonder, Knxwledge, Hezekiah & Nathan. Hopefully between having a remastered & mixed proper version of “Her Favorite Colo(u)r” and “je s u s ▲” can satiate Blu fans as they wait for him to drop his highly anticipated “NoYork” LP. Based on what I hear here? I can wait and I can’t simultaneously. Can Y’ALL, though? Shout out to Jonathan Kim. Those that know, know why.

One.

{ 1 trackback }

DON’T SLEEP: Blu “Jesus” [NEW UPCOMING ALBUM] « FWMJ's Producers I Know
July 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Unda May 18, 2011 at 8:30 am

Do you really know about HipHop? How can you say this is good?? This is the worst work i ever seen. Blu is not good anymore. I really believe is best work is Below To The Eavens… The leaks from NoYork are weak, very weak. Lets be real… Blu is not the same rapper he was, he just raps about nothin’, no feeling, no rhymes nothin.

I was a big fan, but now i dont feel him anymore. Blu is over

Dart May 18, 2011 at 8:56 am

I take it you didn’t hear the major label albums I heard yesterday if you think this is weak. If you want Blu to be the same exact person & emcee he was in 2007 then the problem may lay more with YOU, homie… *Shrug*

One.

Eric May 18, 2011 at 9:00 am

yeah man, Blu has kinda’ disapointed me with all this “left field” shit lately too. I heard this last night, and was less than impressed, back to “Elmatic”, I guess…..

thparadox May 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Blu is over? Come on.

Yeah, I’m annoyed with the lack of a proper, mastered, LP to follow Below the Heavens too. I’m not feeling some of the more left field stuff as well…

But you’re talking about the guy who just put this out:
“Whatuwanna” http://dela.bandcamp.com/track/whatuwanna-feat-blu

And put this out in 2010:
“Seasons” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMtXrCn64Ic

Unda May 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm

No , i DONT want Blu to be the same mc he was. In fact, I want exactly the opposite. He should be better after all this time… but he has let down the fans. A true fan knows when a artist is falling… He’s falling period. This album is weak, should be to download , not sell.

Sorry, thats my opinion lol…

jd May 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm

lol worst work youve ever seen? damn you must really hate blu then…the beats are sick and its only a teaser album thats why it sounds raw…i like him cuz he stays true and doesnt sell out. below to the eavens??! really??! lol u cant talk shit when u dont even know what his work is. it’s BELOW THE HEAVENS. Now get outta here with your hating ass.

Dart_Adams May 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm

You’re entitled to your opinion about Blu’snew album but that “Do you even KNOW Hip Hop?” bullshit was where you got off on the wrong foot with me in my honest opinion…

Eric May 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Let’s face it, “Below The Heavens” will go down as the Mecca & The Soul Brother of the 2000s b4 it’s all said and done

Pooch May 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Dart,
Did you elude to, in your write up, the Godleebarnes lp being released in a mastered format?

I do agree that I am getting tired of Blu’s releases being substandard sound quality. I spent some time and beers editing and fixing the volume levels that were all over the place on Godleebarnes, which is still one of my favorite albums. I couldn’t take raising the volume and then having to drop the volume from song to song.

Pooch

Lix May 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I disagree I like this “Jesus” tape. I like the production and as for the lyrics…BLU. just messin’ around like that “So Perfect ft.Exile” joint TRUST ME (I could picture BLU. flowin’ CrazyOverTheseBeats!)

Lix May 19, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Plus this link has duplicated songs over different titles.. SMDH

Moses May 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm

To Unda, if thats how you feel, Fair Enough, just leave us, TRUE FANS alone and let us continue to support and listen to him.

The album is good, i was more than happy to pay for it, i really hope it gets the mixed and mastered treatment Her Favourite Colo(u)r got.