The Wreck 4-4-13

by Travis on April 10, 2013

f357e064-45bc-491b-b162-71a5da9fdf9a
Well it’s been a long ass time since I’ve posted anything, anything at all. Hell, I’m probably a brand new person for most of you by now. Those of you that have been following this blog, or my WYDU site back in the day or Eric’s WTR site, I’ll just say “wad up”. Am I back? Hell, I don’t know. I want to post more, but I always seem to come up with something else I’d rather do. Life is much more busier in your late 30′s than it is in your early 30′s. But if I waited for life to slow down, I might as well wait until I’m 80 and retired, if that ever happens.

I’ve posted a few of these in the past, it’s myself and DJ Jason D (he used to do a show in the Bay Area with Kut Masta Kurt back in the day) playing the best (at least in our humble opinions) in what the underground has to offer. It’s called “The Wreck”, it’s on 8pm – 10pm MST on the local station, 89.9 or you can stream live on radioboise.org, every Thursday night. Or you can wait and catch it like this, on mixcloud.com

The Wreck (April 4th, 2013)

1. DJ Jason D – The Wreck Intro
2. Ill Bill – Exploding Octopus
3. Demigodz – Never Take Me Out feat Termanology
4. Moe Pope & Rain – Spit vs Ramo feat Reks
5. Vinny Cha$e – Harlem Roses
6. Phil G – Get Down feat Chris Crack
7. The Audible Doctor – Warm Pavement (INST)
8. R.A. The Rugged Man – People’s Champ
9. Ill Bill – World Premier prod DJ Premier
10. Czarface – Air ‘Em Out
11. Marco Polo – What’s Wrong feat Rakim
12. Trek Life – Just The Music
13. Latyrx – It’s Time
14. The Audible Doctor – Lunchroom Table Top (INST)
15. Spectac & Shakim – F.A.C.E.
16. Def Dee & Zar – Hadouken
17. Ill Bill – Truth prod Pete Rock
18. Marco Polo – Back To Work feat The Artifacts
19. Showbiz & A.G. – Watch What We Do
20. Khaleel – Nobody Tryna Hear Ya
21. Demigodz – Dead In The Middle
22. Showbiz – The Cloth (INST)
23. Curly Castro – Fenster & McManus feat Zilla Rocca
24. Effect & Dang – Rap Terminators feat Celph Titled & Esoteric
25. Czarface – Savagely Attack feat Ghostface
26. Action Bronson – Strictly 4 My Jeep
27. R Kitech – Back To The Basics feat Hakim
28. The Audible Doctor – Doing This (INST)
29. Pigeon Hole – Wolf Pack
30. Rapper Big Pooh – Cognac feat Chaundon
31. Eddie B – Marvelous feat Action Bronson
32. Malkovich – Waiting For You
33. 7 G.E.M.S. – Without You
34. Durag Dynasty – Spiral Event feat Evidence
35. Audimatic – The Wolves
36. Demigodz – Can’t Fool Me feat Eternia
37. Marco Polo – Nite & Day feat Big Daddy Kane
38. The Audible Doctor – Life Can Be Pain (INST)

{ 1 trackback }

The Wreck 4-4-13 | alabamba
April 12, 2013 at 9:00 am

chris April 12, 2013 at 6:48 pm

What’s up Travis, I used to check your WYDU blog all the time, that place and vinyladdicts were the first hip hop blogs I remember visiting back then, before suddleny everyone and their dog started one. I remember you filled a few obscure albums requests for me too. wondered if you had disappeared off the net for good lol. good to know you’re still around, take it easy. L)

Travis April 12, 2013 at 10:21 pm

What’s up Chris. Damn, you were following from the very beginning if you were around for those obscure album posts I used to fill. Blogging stopped being fun and was more like a job, so I took a step back. Haven’t been full time since around 2010. I helped with a book in 2010 on the SP1200, doing some interviews for it which was a lot of work. Thought I would eventually come back when I was recharged, but that hasn’t happened yet…haha…I’m going to try to post often, we’ll see how that works out. Hope you are well and thanks for following along.

Pooch April 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Have either you or Eric thought about re-posting some of your stuff from the past years? Travis, I believe that it was you who put me on to N’telligence out of South Carolina. Eric, who put me onto Mattic. I am telling you, I would really like to see some of those posts again, even if they are simply just re-posts.

Pooch.

Travis April 24, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Yeah man, it’s been a thought, and we have done a few. But that’s not half of a bad idea to start doing a bit more. I really mean to post more, just seems like I have too much going on.

Pooch May 21, 2013 at 5:41 am

What are sone good qebsites that I should be visiting? My favorites, like this site, have been thinning out. Can you help? Which ones are you two frequenting?

Pooch

9@home May 22, 2013 at 7:06 am

Hey Travis,
Dunno if you remember me. I know the feeling when everything else seems a bit more urgent than putting up that latest blog post… I’ve only just put a first one up after MONTHS–and a fairly lazy one, too. ;)
But I think I’ll have to get back in the habit of checking in on this place here. I don’t wanna end up like those old dudes who only ever talk about the music they used to listen to at 16. ;)
(BTW: best albums out right now: R.A. The Rugged Man and Ugly Heroes.)
Peace.